Saturday, April 11, 2009

Brrr...Fore!

Who needs to be in school to celebrate Spring Break? Certainly not us. We've been on the go all this week. It's been a lot of fun, but I'm exhausted and am aiming to be in bed by 9:30 tonight. If I can get my Easter goodies finished, I should make my goal. Despite my demanding schedule, I decided to update the blog.

Tuesday morning we departed town dark and early. (Normally I would say bright and early, but it was still dark.) My dear sister agreed to spend a few days with us and watched Jack for us all day while we were in Augusta at the Masters practice rounds. Josh has been several times, but this was only my second trip. We had four passes, so Josh's dad joined us and our friend Derek. We made great time, didn't hit too much traffic and managed to walk through the gates about 8:30 a.m.

For those of you in this neck of the woods, you know Tuesday wasn't exactly what you might dub ideal golf conditions. Now, Augusta is south of us, but not south enough to make a huge difference in temperature. It was windy and downright cold at times. When I bought these fabulous green pants for my spring wardrobe, I did not imagine how they would look with a wool coat or how they might feel with a pair of tights underneath them. Despite the chilly weather, we had a great time (although it was almost spoiled by a temporary depletion of pimento cheese sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies.)

Because of the weather, there weren't a lot of golfers on the course. We managed to see Phil Mickelson & Charles Howell, who were both out very early. We watched Gary Player, Ernie Els, Henrik Stenson & Retief Goosen play a number of holes together. This is Player's last year competing at Augusta. Although he didn't get on the course at all, we managed to catch Tiger on the practice tees for about an hour. Even though it felt like winter, it certainly looked like spring everywhere you turned. As usual, the course was immaculate and the azaleas were in bloom.

We returned home to my poor frazzled sister who had been carrying for a yucky baby. I guess Jack got a nervous stomach or something, because he threw up a few times about 2 1/2 hours before we got home. He never showed any other signs of being sick, so that was a relief...otherwise we might have had to cancel our trip to the LaserShow! (More on that later...remember I'm on a schedule?)

No comments: