Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Eight

Today marks eight years of marriage for me and my beau. If our relationship were a child, it would be entering the teens this year. Yep, we've been together for 13 years.

In the last eight years (and the five before that), regular date nights at hip eateries have morphed into lunch dates at places that have kid's meals. Just a couple of weeks ago, I felt a bit curent as we waited in line on a Friday night for a movie premiere...but our stubs read 'Cars 2,' and we had a thrilled three-year-old bouncing around in line with us.

When you've been together this long you buy each other the same exact anniversary gift and reveal it to one another the day before your anniversary.

A lot has changed in 13 years, like our zip code (about 3 times). Much has changed since that day we said, "I do" eight years ago...but I think we'd both agree there's so much more to love about each other and the life we're building together. I love you, Josh!

2 comments:

April said...

happy 8 years!

Lindsey Brackett said...

I love this about how your dates have morphed into something different, but no less thrilling :) Happy Anniversary!