Friday, August 30, 2013

Confession: I'm Feeling Thankful for His Hedge

Yes, tomorrow is the start of the football season for my beloved Dawgs, but this post isn't about those hedges that adorn my favorite fall Saturday hangout. If you know me, than you know that I'm certainly thankful college football season has arrived. But, today I'm feeling thankful for a different reason, and that's something one should never hide. There's too much hurt, sorrow and complaining in the world, to not share when you feel a dose of blessings. Don't get me wrong, I've hit some bumps in the road the last several hours and been surprised by His plan, but I can't help but feel thankful for God's leading.

I was sharing with my hubby last night that despite various circumstances, I felt ultimately that God had been looking out for me. Then, minutes later a friend tweeted a similar message about gratitude for God's hedge of protection. Sometimes, we don't notice that hedge until much later. But, when we do sense its presence, we suddenly realize it's always been there.


No comments: