Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Great Read


If you're looking for a great read, I'd like to make a recommendation: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I would say I don't have a lot of time to read, but really I don't make enough time to read as often as I'd like. But, when Josh picked this book up in Amelia Island last week and mentioned it was along the lines of Tuesdays with Morrie (one of my favorites; What? I like sappy books), I thought it sounded interesting. He'd heard about a few months back and had been wanting to pick it up. On Sunday, I thought I'd use our 6 plus hour ride home to see if this thing was any good.

Well, it is. In fact, I highly recommend it. It's an easy read and can be read in pieces easily...although I knocked it out in a few hours on Sunday. The book is a recount of a professor's observations, life lessons, etc. as he prepares and then delivers a "Last Lecture." Unlike typical last lectures, this will truly be his last lecture as he is terminally ill. Anyway, after you read the book, you can watch the lecture online. The book was written after the lecture gained national recognition.

No comments: