Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tag...I'm it


So, a friend of mine recently tagged me on her blog. I was tagged to share 7 random things about myself. I'm just now getting around to putting my mind to it.

Here goes:
1. I love college football. Specifically, Georgia football, but I'll watch just about any teams. I not really sure when the love began...maybe in the womb. I think my mom "carried me" to a bowl game and then the season following my first birthday was quite a memorable ones for the Dawgs. I like to think my parents were on cloud 9...a beautiful one-year-old girl and a national championship. What more could two people want? Oh, yeah a 4-year-old son! :)

2. I find great satisfaction in having empty clothes hampers at my house. I don't really mind doing the laundry either. I think I like it because it's a pretty mindless task.

3. I constantly think about creating a TO DO list, but never do. I think about writing things down, but never seem to get around to it. Then I forget what I need to do/buy. This drives my husband crazy! He loves lists.

4. The idea of scrapbooking is very appealing to me. I used to really enjoy doing, but can't seem to make myself dedicate the time to it these days. My excuse these days is time & space. I know pretty lame.

5. Gift wrapping is one of my favorite things to do. I love wrapping presents in pretty papers and big bows. It shows you went the extra step of getting out tape and scissors. That being said, I still take the short cut and use a bag and tissue every now and then. Mostly, because...

6. I'm incredibly frugal went it comes to some things. I cut coupons (of which only about 10% probably get used) and reuse gift bags and tissue! Ooops...telling all my secrets! I made a special trip to CVS today just to save 25% on my purchases.

7. I love correspondence. I find great joy in writing and mailing notes to friends and family. I guess because I know how happy I am after opening a handwritten note from the mailbox.

Now, I'm supposed to tag 7 of my friends, so here goes:

Brooke

Carolyn

Heather

Jessica

Kajal

Kathy

Tori

Tag, ladies...you're it!

1 comment:

Kathy Stroud Cashion said...

what a great post Laura. I know you even better now.