Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update

Just wanted to update you all on our first night in the big boy bed. Jack did fantastic! The delivery men arrived just before 4 and got to work setting up the new furniture. It looks great, but certainly makes Jack's room seem SOOO much smaller. Jack was excited to climb on the bed and enjoyed asking "Daddy up here?" He really enjoyed having extra space to share in his new bed.

Once bedtime arrived Jack was worn out from the busy day, the lack of a nap and the fact that he was a little under the weather. We went through our typical routine and he quickly climbed into his bed. After getting into place, he was a little hesitant to actually lay down and seemed kind of worried. After some reassurance from mom & dad, he seemed to warm up to the idea that this was his new sleeping arrangement.

Josh & I got to work across the hall putting the crib back together in Sam's room. I just kept expecting Jack to come bouncing in the room. Thankfully, he seemed to sleep pretty well. Although I told him to call for us when he was ready to get up and I would come help him, I didn't expect he would. So, a little after 7 this morning I heard him calling, "Mommy?" I rounded the corner to find him at the top of the stairs. When he saw me he said, "Hey, Mommy!"

The real test is taking place as I type...naptime. I wasn't sure he'd be able to resist the urge to get down and explore or play with the daylight flooding in the windows. (Must invest in knock-out drapes.) So far, I haven't heard him creeping out. I'm sure it helped that I took him to the park for a couple of hours of energy-draining fun! We had a wonderful time with Gus, Mack & Erin. We were so pumped to have such a beautiful day to enjoy! Loving this respite from the teens & 20s!

No comments: