Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dialogue with a 3-year-old

As you might expect, dialogue with a 3-year-old can be interested and often times highly entertaining. Here are some funny exchanges from the last few months:

When praying at night, we've been talking about not just thanking God for all the fun/good stuff (which he's been doing for a long time), but also asking for forgiveness or saying sorry for our bad choices. Often he asks for help remembering what bad choices he might have made that day. One night I reminded him about the fact that he had whined several times that day. So, he prayed: "Dear God, I'm sorry I was whining, but I just wanted some juice..."

Our curious 3-year-old has gotten very interested in letters and what they spell. After Christmas, we were making some returns. He noticed my Ann Taylor LOFT shopping bag. He says, "L - O - F - T...bag."

And if you ever doubted if the things you tell them will be repeated, here's some proof. We talk a lot about choices, making good vs. bad. Last Friday night, I left Jack in the care of my mom as I was attending a MOPS event. I encouraged him to be good and behave while I was gone. As I left the room, he called out, "Make good choices, mommy!"

While talking to Josh the other day, Jack told him, "I love baby Sam, but I don't like it when he messes me up when I'm trying to watch something. But, when he doesn't, I love him."

4 comments:

April said...

you gotta love the things little ones say! that jack is quite the character.

Carolyn said...

Precious! He is too cute in the things that he says!

black tag diaries said...

these are hilarious...

Kim said...

Love it!