Saturday, October 22, 2011

Carving Up Fun

The boys and I met up with some friends to carve pumpkins. The kids were pretty excited about it, but pumpkin carving can be kind of slow going. So, the younger ones can get easily bored and ready to move on. Jack hung on for a while. He's not really the kind that likes to get messy.

He selected a bat design for his pumpkin, but when I saw all the cuts that I would be doing we reconsidered. I managed to talk him into the batman bat, which just happened to be on his shirt. I sketched it on the pumpkin and got to carving. Jack was pretty pleased with the finished product, so all is well.

1 comment:

Lindsey Brackett said...

I am very impressed with your carving skills! Maybe next year Amelia will be ready for this project, though I doubt she'll choose Batman....