Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bloggin from the beach

So, I'm bloggin from the beach...okay, I'm not literally on the beach right this moment (sand and a laptop probably don't mix...especially when it's not your laptop!), but I can see the ocean from where I'm sitting. We're here at Amelia Island in North Florida for the big Georgia/Florida showdown. Some old friends of ours have joined us and we've got a big condo on the Plantation. Jack's napping and everyone is getting ready to head downtown for some shopping.

Last night we enjoyed some great food at Barbara Jean's. If you've never heard of it...they have them in a couple of places down here. They have fabulous crabcakes! We ate at the one at St. Simons earlier this summer. It was delicious. We're all looking forward to halloween festivities here tomorrow. The kids have costumes and we hear there is a hayride. I hope to have some great photos to share once we return on Sunday.

In the meantime, Go Dawgs!

2 comments:

O'Dell Family said...

Oh I am SO jealous! Should probably repent! Thanks for the comment about our picture! I finally figured out how to put one up thanks to some help from my sister in law! Have fun and go dawgs!

Sarah said...

Sorry your trip didn't end up so well! Actually I'm not sorry at all! (: Hope you had fun anyway. See you Friday!