Monday, October 6, 2008

Time to (thow a) Party!

Friday morning Jack and I left town and headed for Athens. We had a shower to help throw for one of my best friends, Terri, back in Winterville. On the way we stopped in Commerce and met another great friend, Brooke and her 3 cute boys at Chick-fil-A for breakfast. They live in South Georgia but were up visiting family and friends for the week. Although it was a brief visit, it was great to see them and meet the newest member of the family, baby Ben. Here are a couple of pictures of these cuties!










Once Jack and I arrived in Athens we met up with my mom and did some shopping and running errands. Later we went over to Watkinsville to meet my dad for lunch. Jack wasn't a very cooperative diner until Grandpa got out the ice cream. Since we were in the neighborhood we stopped by to see one of my best friends at work, Stacie. We got a tour of her new office. Finally, we headed home for Jack to get a nap.

Friday night Stacie joined us for dinner at Rafferty's, one of my favorites. Yummy...cheese fries and soup and salad! Jack did pretty well until it got a bit too close to his bedtime. We headed home although Stacie asked about stopping by the Haunted House first...ha, ha!




On Saturday, I needed to help with party preparations so mom watched Jack while I helped get things ready. It was a bit hectic, but we pulled it off. Angie & Jill, two great friends and excellent fellow hostesses, did a great job. We had the party at a pavillion in their backyards. It was a lot of fun. Here's Jack flirting with Angie's daughter Andee Claire. Jack and AC have the same exact birthday; they were born just a few hours apart. I'm not sure she was in the mood for his antics.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You always sound like such a busy person on the go all the time...I love it. It is great that you keep in touch with so many of your friends! Jack is such a cutie! See you Friday.