Friday, November 5, 2010

Versatile?

Since we're in the middle of a crazy week and I have failed to update my poor neglected blog, I've got to pick up somewhere. My sweet friend, fellow blogger, fellow mommy friend, bunco companion, and fellow judgment house participant Lindsey awarded me the label Versatile Blogger. So, here's how it works:


1) Thank and link back to the blogger that gave you the award.

2) Share 7 things about yourself.

3) Pass the award on to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy.

4) Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

~~~

1. I still remember my favorite shirt from second grade. It had designs similar to clock faces on it and my best friend at the time happened to have the same exact shirt!

2. Me and that same best friend participated in the second grade talent show by lip syncing "He Loves Me" by Whitney Houston. We had that cafeteria rocking...let me tell you. Also, I clearly remember planning to wear our hair in side pony tails and my friend showing up without the agreed on do...maybe that's why she's not my best friend anymore. That and she moved to Illinois after second grade. 

3. In middle school, my dad would make my lunch for me and always decorated my brown paper sack with some interesting artwork. My friends and I always enjoyed seeing what he had drawn when we sat down for lunch. One of my favorites was when he wrote, "This may be Wayne's World, but this is Laura's Lunch."

4. I LOVE Coca-Cola and can't stand the thought of drinking a Pepsi. Restaurants that serve Pepsi, require me to order Mountain Dew, water, etc.

5. My husband and I dated for 5 years before getting married. It's hard for me to believe that we've been together for more than 11 years. Most days I can't remember much about life before him. (Except of course important stuff like talent shows, favorite clothing items, and middle school lunch room laughter.)

6. I once rode in the Goodyear blimp. I was about 3 years old. My grandfather was once the operator/manager of the airport in Athens. The blimp was in town for a big Georgia football game. The only reason I got to go was because my grandfather couldn't get my grandmother on the phone, so he invited my dad. I never got a chance to thank her for being unavailable that day.

7. I've never visited a foreign country (since Jamaica and Canada don't really count), but look forward to changing that sometime in the next three years since my sister is a full-time resident of Germany.
Now, I'm passing the award to some other awesome bloggers:

1. Emily, my sweet sister who pens Red Letters.
2. Sarah, who juggles the fun with the Higgins Hullaballoo.
3. April, who is taking it one day at time over at Chris & April
4. Jenn, who isn't getting to blog as much as she'd like because she's too busy using any free time running in the grass.
5. Alicia, who enjoyed her brief stay in the North Georgia mountains but is now back in the big state and left us Seeking Senkels.
6. Kajal, who lives life in the big city, and keeps me smiling, laughing and adoring with shamu the goldfish.
7. Heather, who is also living in a big city, but her's is halfway around the world in Abu Dhabi Adventures.

1 comment:

Lindsey Brackett said...

Thanks for playing on this crazy week. It's fun to learn new things about you--especially that it may be Wayne's World, but it's Laura's Lunch. Hilarious!