Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

There's no day like a snow day, and we were thrilled to welcome one today. Our first snow of 2011 arrived quietly while everyone was sleeping. We went to bed like any old Sunday night, but awoke to a winter wonderland Monday morning. I actually got a sneak peek at about 2:30 when I had to go upstairs to take Jack to the potty. I peered out the window before heading back down the stairs to see the ground completely covered. I couldn't see the driveway, street or anything and it was still coming down. Overall, I'd guess we got somewhere around 7 inches.

It took some convincing and a few layers but we managed to get Jack out in the fluffy stuff, and I even think he had some fun. Josh & I sure did. Before heading inside, we grabbed a bowl full of snow and whipped up some snow cream. Hands down, this was Jack's favorite part of the day.

Even though the heavy snowfall resulted in Josh's office closing for the day, the hospital was still open. So, early this evening he set out for his weekly shift at the ER. Our family snow day has come to an end, but I'm hopeful that he'll be home by lunchtime tomorrow. Who knows...maybe even sooner if they decide to close the office again tomorrow. Sam is already in bed and Jack is not far behind...then, I'll spend the rest of my night watching the last college football of the season.

Snow Day photos to come...right now I've got a game to watch. Hope you enjoyed your snow day too!

No comments: