Thursday, May 29, 2008

Halfway to One!

It's hard to believe, but our little guy is officially half a year old. As of Wednesday, Jack is six months old. I know everyone told us it would happen so fast, but I think it's something you have to experience yourself. When you are in the moment, it doesn't seem to go that fast. Looking back, however, you think, "wasn't he just born a few weeks ago?"

To celebrate our little milestone, Josh suggested we get half a cake. As silly as it sounded, I had to agree...I do like cake! Anyway, to avoid the ridiculousness of describing what we were planning to a baker, I just threw together a box cake, which turned out pretty well.

We took the half cake (and cupcakes made with the rest of the batter) to church to share with friends after Wednesday night supper. The kids enjoyed the cupcakes and Josh and I along with our dedicated friends the Yorks gobbled up most of the cake. We did it for Jack. The Yorks have a 2-month-old, so we're already looking forward to doing this again in the fall! I like the picture that looks like he's reaching for the cake! Not for 6 more months, buddy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great excuse for cake. I'll definitely copy you.

Kim said...

Hi Laura!
I love your blog & I enjoyed meeting Josh last night! As I told Sarah, you can't have a birthday without cake....even half birthdays!

Sarah said...

Happy Half Birthday, Jack! Now we have to start planning his and Mallory's wedding!