Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nine Months?

Where has the time gone? I can't believe my little boy is nine months old today! I'll share a note to Jack.

Dearest Jack,
You are nine months old today! Some days you still seem so new. Like when I'm not sure how much food you should be eating or if you're getting enough vegetables. Other days I can't remember life before you. Like when my first thought before leaving the house is always to smell your bottom. Gross, right?

It's absolutely crazy to think that you've been apart of our lives for nine months plus! You've actually been a very real part of our lives ever since we learned you were on the way, which was not quite a year and half ago. It was right after daddy's 30th birthday. Yes, your father and I were once in our 30s. I imagine by the time you read this you'll have no idea we could once have been so young!

As I've mentioned in previous letters to you, you've been quite a joy from day one and you continue to entertain us! We love everything about you (okay, except the whining when your need/want is undetermined). We love your scrunchy face and the fact that you love to blow raspberries to pass the time. It leaves quite the glistening ring of spit around your mouth! Your dad loves that sometimes you laugh or grin after passing gas. I think it makes him proud.

Since you were about 3 or 4 months old I've been working on a few signs with you. Mostly the sign for milk. For months you've gotten excited whenever the sign is made, but just last week you showed us the sign a couple of times after we show you. It's been so fascinating to watch you learning.

You're getting super close to crawling and terrorizing the entire house from our knees down. Your dad and I are very excited to see you approaching this neat milestone, but we also love that you pretty much stay put when we leave you on your blanket with toys these days. You can usually get to things by army crawling or rolling, but you haven't quite figured out the most efficient way yet.

You are a true people person. You greet everyone with a smile and often laughter. You attract a lot of smiles and waves wherever you go. I think it's the hair, which is getting a lot longer and lays down a lot better.

I can't believe we only have 3 more months until you turn one. Where has the time gone? One more thing, college football season kicks off tonight and the dawgs play their first game on Saturday. It would be really awesome if you would learn to enjoy football on TV as much as you like your Praise Baby DVD. Thanks!

I love you,
Mommy

2 comments:

Kathy Stroud Cashion said...

I love your family more and more every time I read your blog. You remind me so much of my girls and their writings about their girls. I just loved this last blog. Jack is so blessed to have you and Josh and parents.

Carolyn said...

Such a sweet letter! It is amazing and sad how quickly time goes with our little ones. At times we just can't wait until they reach milestones and then you blink and they have grown. He will love all the letters when he is grown!