Friday, August 8, 2008

Snoozing away

As I write this post, the little man is downstairs in the pack 'n play asleep, which is not so unsual because he takes naps each day. Today, however, we've been out and about all morning and didn't get a good long morning snooze, so I wasn't sure if he'd take a good afternoon nap or be a crab all afternoon. He was asleep when we got home about an hour ago. I got him out of the car and put him right in his pack 'n play to try to get him to go back down. I just went to check in on him again, since he's been so quiet and found him in this hilarious position. Anyway, I thought it was so funny that I tip toed out and grabbed the camera. I know it's hard to see clearly through the netting in one photo, but you can get the drift!



Last night, we were walking around in the yard and I caught a glimpse of how pretty the sky was. It was just after sunset and the sky was that beautiful purple and pink color, and we could see the mountains in the distance. We have such a lovely view from the backyard that I often forget and take it for granted. Anyway, I snapped a couple of pictures, although they don't quite do it justice. We certainly are blessed to live in not only a friendly community, but a beautiful one as well.



Today Jack and I went to the park to meet some friends from MOPS and then ran a couple of errands before having lunch with some friends to celebrate my upcoming birthday. Merideth, Tate & Brit; Andrea & Andrew; and Missy & Trevor helped me celebrate. They surprised me with balloons and cupcakes. Here's a funny photo! This was probably before Jack stuck his finger in the cupcake. Remember, he was due for a nap! Instead of licking off the yummy frosting he just cried about it...poor kid's got a lot to learn!

1 comment:

O'Dell Family said...

I enjoyed seeing your blog! It is great - your little man is precious! Hope all is well for you and Josh too! Love, Heather