Monday, February 2, 2009

The 3 R's...

Saturday was full of the 3 R's: Relaxation, Relatives & Retail Therapy. Last year for Valentine's Day, my sweet hubby gave me a massage from Spa Sydell. I have tried to use it on a couple of occasions, but something always came up. On Saturday, I was finally able to cash in on the relaxation, and it was excellent. While all of it was incredible, I could have let the therapist massage my feet and hands all day...that was the best! So, thank you again, Josh!

During my 60-minute massage I kept going back in forth in my head thinking about how God has blessed me. I'm married to an incredible man, who is my best friend and makes me laugh every day; I've been blessed with a wonderful and healthy child; I have fantastic family members and dependable, supportive friends; and much, much more.

The other thought that I bounced around is much less profound and just sort of weird. I found myself wondering about the therapist: "how long had he been doing this?"; "was there a part of him that found it weird to touch stangers all day, every day?"; "does he have regular clients? if so, does he talk to any of them during their treatments or is it the silent treatment for everyone?" Anyway, as weird as it seemed to have thought these things, I did leave feeling very relaxed and thankful for life's many blessings!

Since we were going to be in Atlanta, we talked to Josh's parent about meeting up with us for lunch. Fortunately, his mom already had to be in Atlanta for some school obligations (she's hard at work on a doctorate degree). So, it worked out perfectly for us to hang out with them as well. So, Josh, Jack & Grandaddy hung out while I was at the spa and Grandmommy was in class. The guys picked me up and we did some window shopping until school was over. Once class was out, we all had lunch at Maggiano's. It was oh so yummy!

Afterwards, we headed into the mall and did some more window shopping. Josh had found some shirts at T.J. Maxx for Jack, but I wasn't having any luck with any deals. After spending some time in a couple of furniture stores (a fair amount of that was spent in the massage chairs), we were losing our steam. Then, I remembered I needed some frames and had some coupons for Babies R Us. Jack was also losing his steam. So, his grandmommy graciously took him and his lovee to the glider section at Babies R Us. I picked up my diaper deal, and Josh and I headed to Michael's next door. I found a couple of frames I liked and we returned to find Jack asleep. We let him nap for quite a while, but eventually had to get going. The nap energized him for most of the ride home. So, he watched his new Valentine's gift from his Grandmommy & Grandaddy: Fraggle Rock. He liked the puppets...especially the dog. "Woof, woof" he says.

No comments: