Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Aloha, VBS!

What a week last week was! With VBS at church, it was quite busy...so, I'm hoping you'll all forgive me for my absence in posting and ignore the fact that the next few posts are all done in quick succession. It's naptime, I gotta get as much done as possible (some of you know what I mean). I'd like to point out at this moment, however, my house is a complete wreck after a week plus of complete neglect and I'm choosing to fill you all in on our life rather than clean up...don't you feel special! LOL...here's a shot after bath time one night last week.

Everyday last week began bright and early for me and Jack. After getting ready and having breakfast, we would stop by Josh's office and pick up Tinsley and Emily, his co-worker Regina's daughters. They came with us each day to VBS. I think they really enjoyed it. The theme was Outrigger Island, so everything and everyone was decked out with leis, hula skirts and flip flops. It was a fun, but exhausting week. I'm very thankful for the wonderful care Jack receives in the nursery at church, but he got spoiled this week. I don't think he was put down for 3+ hours each day. Needless to say, I'm paying the price this week getting him back to reality!

On Tuesday afternoon, we celebrated Regina's birthday. The girls and I picked up a cake, balloon and flowers. We all ate at Johnny's for lunch. Tinsley and Emily had been eager to hold Jack, so they got their chance at lunch that day.


On Wednesday evening, we dined at Pueblo's with some friends. It was a nice treat during a busy week. As usual, Jack enjoyed being entertained by the older little ones around. The big kids usually like entertaining him, so it works out. Tate even wanted to hold Jack. Here are a couple of pictures of him being entertained by Tate and Brit. He was also eager to explore Tate's face. Jack has grown into quite a curious little guy, which is neat to watch.

No comments: