Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Adventure of the Runaway Sodas

So, Saturday evening we attended a MOPS family cook-out for our outgoing and incoming Steering Team Members and their families. It was great to meet the husbands of so many of the great moms I have worked with and will continue to work with. We were responsible for bringing drinks. The expectation was for around 50 people, so we had about 9 two-liter drinks and a gallon of lemonade. The party was at the Thurmond's house, who live up in the Highlands neighborhood. As we arrived, I carried Jack, his bag and the lemonade and Josh tried to get the two liters, but some of his bags broke and the drinks went rolling. It was so hard to contain my laughter, but hopefully you can imagine the humor in the situation (unfortunately, I didn't have any hands available to photograph it). Although, it's probably good I couldn't photograph...that might have sent Josh over the edge. He didn't find it as funny as I! He finally took my suggestion and loaded them into Jack's stroller and proceeded down the hill. Once we arrived Josh noticed he had a seersucker short twin, Sarah!

Anyway, we enjoyed getting to know some of the other families and having dinner with them. Jack enjoyed flirting with the only girl there, Mallory, who is almost a year old. I guess he likes older women. Here's a cute picture of them getting to know each other. Mallory was so cute. She kept her eyes on Jack while we ate...probably to make sure he didn't steal her dinner! We look forward to watching these two growing to be good friends.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I feel so honored that Mallory and I made the blog!