Monday, October 25, 2010

Tag...You Could Be IT!

So, sweet Julia encouraged her fellow bloggers to answer a few questions. I feel so far behind on all the fun we've been having recently that I don't know where to start to catch up. So, this post is a good way to bide my time.

1) What's your favorite room in your house?
It's a toss up. I love our master bedroom (despite the constant clutter and piles of folded laundry). It's where we start and finish our day. Me and the little guys on most mornings; the whole family on Saturday mornings; watching Curious George; or the most recent UGA game on DVR). My other favorite is probably actually Josh's man cave in the basement. Especially this time of year! There's always a game on, and it doesn't hurt that there's a huge leather couch to spread out or snuggle up (whichever suits your fancy that day), and of course the fireplace!

2) If you had to spend the rest of your life in one season (fall, winter, spring, summer), which would it be?
I'm going with fall. This past two weeks have been gorgeous! The mornings are just a bit on the chilly side, the afternoons are warm with a slight breeze, and you can almost smell the coolness in the air each evening. Not to mention football, blue jeans, comfy sweaters and new tv!

3) Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
Mayonnaise,  no question. And, Duke's, if I'm buying....which used to be a source of contention in our household since Josh was raised on Blue Plate. But, he hasn't turned down my mayo yet.

4) What are you most looking forward to?
At this very moment, our extra long, super-sized weekend getaway to Amelia Island Plantation. Most years late October signifies that it's time to make a trek down to Jacksonville for the Georgia/Florida football game. Since the game doesn't always turn out the best for the Dawgs, we've learned to make it a mini-vacay out of it. I'll be so glad to get away from the hustle and bustle for a few days and enjoy some time with my family and catch up with some old friends we don't see nearly enough.

5) What was your favorite vacation as a child?
My most memorable vacation as a child was a trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I can remember touring Kitty Hawk where the Wright Brothers took their first flight...Walking for what seemed like hours on monstrous sand dunes...Staying in what seemed like an old gigantic house that had been subdivided into apartments...Having the swimming pool all to ourselves...And of course, my Coca-Cola Swim Team bathing suit.

6) Books or movies?
Movies. I do enjoy reading, but movies I can enjoy with Josh sitting right beside me.

7) How do you drink your coffee? Do you even drink coffee?
Nope. Love the smell. Hate the taste.

8) What was your favorite childhood Christmas memory?
When I was in about second grade, my grandparents (along with help from my parents and aunt) surprised me with a homemade doll house. It was hidden under a big sheet at my grandparents' house when we arrived Christmas morning. It was an incredible delight...I remember playing for hours on end with that doll house.

If you're up for the challenge, here are a few questions you could answer...
1) What is your favorite month of the year?
2) Your favorite place you've ever lived?
3) Sweet or Salty?
4) Who was your most memorable teacher?
5) What makes you laugh the hardest?
6) Go to the game or watch from home?
7) If you had to pick one item from your closet to wear everyday, what would it be?
8) Worst movie you will admit having seen?

1 comment:

black tag diaries said...

love your answers... and love your questions... i feel like i should play all over again:)