Monday, April 11, 2011

This & That

So, here's a sort of thrown together post. I have dozens of things floating around in my head, but none of them seem to be ready for a post all their own. Not to mention, it would take forever, and I'm already wishing I were in bed.

Biggest development of the last two weeks is definitely Sam's confidence in his walking abilities. He really has no fear anymore. He is trotting all over the house and never looks back, much less down. And, he's got the bumps and bruises to prove it.

I finished a great book on Saturday afternoon while the boys were napping and Josh was busy working. Unless you've been in some sort of hole, I'm sure you've heard of The Help. And you've probably heard some glowing recommendations. You can add mine to the list. It's incredibly well written. Although I haven't read a whole lot of novels lately, I can't remember the last time I was so involved and interested in the lives of the characters in a book. And like all great books, it's doubtful the big screen will do it justice. But, I'll probably see it anyway.

Josh and I had the opportunity to return to the Masters this past week. It was a chilly morning and quite windy, but nothing like our visit two years ago (when we wore wool coats and the temps were in the 40s!) We had a great time, despite the lack of pimento cheese & egg salad sandwiches. Gasp! I know, right? Something about the power outages caused by the previous evening's bad storm. It was pretty disappointing, but I managed to find some other decent (and cheap) snacks to enjoy! With the windy conditions, several golfers elected to remain on the range and didn't get out on the course. We did catch Tom Watson, Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood play a few holes, among a few others.

Last week was spring break for the schools here, so there was no preschool for the boys. Thankfully, we had very pleasant weather and enjoyed some time outside on most days. We also enjoyed a detour down to Monkey Joe's inflatable play place with some good friends. And, on Thursday, Jack joined me at the dentist for his first trip. He did quite well, allowing the hygenist to do most things. He was pretty brave, and really smitten with his new Diego toothbrush.

I captured many of these 'this & that' moments with some photos, but they will have to wait. I still need to throw together lunches for tomorrow...since it's back to (pre)school!

1 comment:

Lindsey Brackett said...

This is how I often feel...so many things to write about or talk or say that I don't even know where to begin.