Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day Trip to Athens (again)

It seems like I'm always writing about day trips to Athens on my blog, but we really don't go that often. When we do, however, we try to call as many family and friends and see as many folks as possible! Last Tuesday Josh had an appointment at the Travel Clinic at UGA Health Center in preparation for his upcoming trip to Honduras. So, while he was getting shots and prescriptions, Jack and I had planned to waste time at the bookstore. As if campus hasn't changed enough since I graduated and moved, but summer is when all things crazy occur. Due to a (long overdue) student center expansion, there was no easy parking for a woman with a baby. Thankfully, my pal Stacie called in time to rescue me with an alternative idea...we met in five points to catch up.

I suggested Five Points Deli...to which Stacie was agreeable (what a great friend!) While waiting for her to arrive I ordered a few of my absolute favorite cookies in the world...Heath Bar Crunch cookies. They are fantastic. If you have any doubt about how much I like these...ask Josh! I always beg to swing by there and pick up not one, but a dozen!! On Tuesday, I held back and only ordered six. They were gone by lunch the next day. Stacie had fun with Jack and we ran into another old friend, Russell Ashe.

After picking up Josh we went by my parents house for a bit. Jack really enjoyed playing peek-a-boo with Emily. She kept trying to sneak up on him, but he would just lunge for her and grab her with both hands and basically slobber all over her face, but like any sweet aunt, she put up with it because it made him happy!

Later, we all went to dinner at one of our favorites, Loco's Deli, where Jack enjoyed some sweet tea courtesy of Grandpa. The day before we had learned that my grandfather was in the hospital having some tests run, so we had the opportunity to stop by and visit him after dinner. He's having a rough time and has some difficult decisions ahead (along with my dad and uncle). Although he was still quite a bit loopy from being put to sleep, it is always good to see family.

No comments: