Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day Two in the Emerald City

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Greenwood, it really is nicknamed the Emerald City. On Thursday, we began with a yummy breakfast Kristie made. She'll laugh when reading this to see me going on about toast and bacon, but that's more than the bowl of cereal or instant breakfast I do. After breakfast, we went to PTC, the college where I worked during our three years in Greenwood. It was great to see old co-workers and see how things have changed and continue to change. They were a fun bunch to work with. Here's Jack playing with some make-shift toys in Tommy's office.

Then, we joined Elise, Gretchen & Tripp at Mig's for lunch. It was so much fun to see everyone again. Elise and Ryan (her husband) are now beginning their third year in Greenwood, which is wild to think. I can remember recruiting them like it was last month. After lunch, Jack and I went by the Montgomery Center, where Josh worked, and visited some of his old co-workers. His nurses were very excited to meet Jack. Everyone seemed to be doing very well.

Our last stop of the afternoon was to see Carey and Max. I don't think I had seen Max since he was maybe a few months old and he's more than 15 months old now. He's quite the cutie. Jack enjoyed watching him run around picking up different toys, trying on shoes and showing off his hats, although his K-State ball cap is the cutest. Carey is expecting a little sister for Max in just a couple of months. I was so glad to have the opportunity to see them, especially since I called her at the last minute. Thanks, Carey!

No comments: