Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You're So Vain

On Monday, I had the truck serviced and my teeth cleaned. Lots of fun stuff. Jack and I had lunch with Grandma Jan and one of her coworkers at my favorite spot...Chick-fil-A. Then, Jack and I spent the rest of the day hopping from place to place until we were scheduled to meet up with Stacie and Terri at Five Points Deli (the one that is not in Five Points...but still has my favorite Heath Bar Crunch cookies). We went there because it is right next to David's Bridal, where Terri would be trying on dresses...fun, fun, fun! Stacie fed Jack while I scarfed down a Pimento Cheese sandwich and then we headed next door.

Jack pretty much entertained himself by talking and smiling at himself in the enormous wall of mirrors, which was great at first. Then as if someone had flipped on the Carly Simon hit, "You're So Vain"...Jack began to kiss himself in the wall of mirrors. It was sort of cute, but also insanely gross. We took a few pictures, then he was pulled away from himself kicking and screaming. Don't get me wrong he's cute, but there is such a thing as being a little too self-evolved :)

Terri tried on lots of pretty gowns and even a few not so pretty gowns. I'd show them here, but wouldn't want to reveal her dress before it's time. By the end of the evening she had it narrowed down to two, both of which looked great on her. One is more simple and classic, the other a little fancier and sparklier. Jack made his choice clear...

No comments: