Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting Ready to say Goodbye

Although last week seemed like a typical week, it wasn't. The evenings were filled with taking care of last minute details for Josh's medical mission trip to Honduras. He needed things from here and there, so we went around gathering all his supplies. Wednesday evening we enjoyed a mid-week dinner with some friends. I thought this picture of Jack & James was pretty funny. He looks like he's about to take off.

Jack also enjoyed his usual entertainment from Tate & Brit. The boys even took turns holding Jack and having their pictures made. The Shaws were getting ready for their trip to the beach. In fact, they are there now and hopefully having a great time. Maybe we'll be reading about it soon on their blog. In the meantime, here's a cute picture of the crew.

On Friday, Jack and I went and met Josh at work for his lunch break. We all went and voted early and then had a quick lunch. Once we were home, I began writing notes on the back of some photos I had printed out. I printed out 10 different recent photos (mostly of Jack, some with Josh & some with me). On the backs I wrote funny messages and notes to Josh and hid them in the pockets of the scrubs he'll be wearing each day in Honduras. I'm guessing as of today, he's seen 4 notes (I put one photo in each shirt pocket and one in each pants pocket). I guess there is a slim possibility that he's so eager to see my hilarious messages that he has skipped ahead in his suitcase and peeking at the next day's early. Anyway, I hope they make him happy and not sad. I'm already looking forward to picking him up on Sunday evening.

No comments: