In case you were wondering, here are a few things I did NOT do today.
- Didn't get a 6:30 a.m. wake-up call from a cranky two-year-old.
- Didn't have to convince said two-year-old that he did indeed want to go to preschool today.
- I did not watch the same two-year-old do a 180 at the preschool door and run screaming in the opposite direction all the way through the lobby and out the double doors of the building!
- I definitely didn't have to hear that two-year-old sobbing as I bolted for the same doors moments later.
- I know I didn't see my six-month old who almost sitting up in the grocery cart.
- I most definitely didn't have lunch with my sister and brother-in-law for one of the last times in a long while.
- I surely did not tear up watching the same two-year-old give his aunt Emmy a hug.
- That wasn't me who wanted to scream, "not soon enough" after hearing that two-year-old tell his aunt and uncle: "see you soon!"
- And I'm most certain that I didn't hug my baby sister today for the last time before she moves to Germany for 3 1/2 years.