Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beach Bound

We're beach bound on Saturday, and we can hardly wait. Jack has been talking about it for weeks (thanks, mema!) "I go beach," he says at some point almost every day. All last week we would tell him that we are going next Saturday. A couple of days ago Josh said, "we are going to the beach next week." Jack practically yelled, "No, next week! Saturday!"

So needless to say, we are all excited about being away for a week. I always look forward to vacation, but for some reason I've really been looking forward to this one. I guess things have just been super busy for Josh and the thought of leaving town and obligations for one week seems blissful for the whole family. With his partner out of town this week, Josh is swamped. Maybe we'll all appreciate this getaway a little more than previous ones? Either way, I don't think we'll have any internet access so I'm thinking I'll be unplugged from everything for a week. I'll try to take some notes throughout the week and fill you in on the highlights!

I've been spending the last few days making lists and getting things together. I'm turning our dining room into a staging area for items that will be packed up into the car in a couple of days. Hopefully, the car ride will go smoothly with our two little ones. Either way, I'm thinking it will be worth it! This time next week, we'll have our toes in the sand and crashing waves as the soundtrack for our dreams.

2 comments:

our little family said...

FUN!!!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip & I'm thinking you'll be glad you are unplugged so you can enjoy every waking second with your family! Enjoy & I don't have to tell you to take lots of pics...
Good luck w/ the car ride! Lots of sticker books & snack baggies full of new snacks help our trips! :-)

kriswalls said...

Oh boy! You guys are going to have a great time! I have no car ride advise... Ryan and I usually end up laughing like crazy at the background noise in our car! Maybe they will sleep most of the time. Can't wait to hear all about it.