Monday, June 21, 2010

Nine-Oh!

Along with Father’s Day, we celebrated my grandfather’s ninetieth birthday this weekend. I guess that means I have good genes, right? Every year we get together with my parents, cousins, aunts, etc. and celebrate Grandaddy’s birthday, which falls right around Father’s Day too. This year was no different, with the exception being it seemed to be more of a milestone year. Surely every year from here on out will be a milestone though, right?


My mom had the idea to compile a notebook for her dad of letters from his children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, etc. It was neat to read the sweet notes to him. In case you were wondering, the general theme was making sure he knew what an impact he had made on his family.

Today is his actual birthday, so in the words of my dear son: “Happ Burfday, Grandaddy!” We love you!

1 comment:

Lindsey Brackett said...

Isn't it a blessing that our children are getting to grow up knowing their great-grands? Yesterday we saw both Joshua's and my grandparents and I loved hearing the girls ask "which grandaddy" they were going to see. It's a miracle and a gift that they have to ask that question!